Thursday, June 4, 2009

Irritability!!!!!!!!!!!

Lately I've experienced some major irritability. It seems to come out mainly when Rob's around. I thought it was all in my head. I guess it's because Rob would like me to believe that it's controllable. Yet the more I chat with other mothers all they do is laugh. The common statement I keep hearing is, "CONTROLLABLE???? NO WAY!!!"

I would love to prove my husband right and CONTROL this IRRITABILITY MONSTER! And to be quite honest it really is my goal. Yes, I understand it's a chemical imbalance BUT is it possible that God can help me put my attitude in check?? Is it possible to manage the irritability? I think so!! If my body belongs to the Lord then who's report will I chose to believe?

I'm really trying to calm it down and sometimes I succeed! And other times, it's perfectly clear that I've given into it!! I guess I'm completely UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!

6 comments:

Stephanie Lainez said...

test test

Unknown said...

My two cents - Steph I believe it was God that put that "irritabilty" in women. Because when men do their part they think they are done, well guess what, God wanted the men to join the women in that adventure. So instead of seeing it as something you should control, see it as a blessing from God who put it in women for a reason.

Dan Asher said...

No control'n that sista! One of those deals where us guys need to understand what is going on, put on the tough skin and deal with it. It goes away eventually but know that it is a journey being a parent and it's awesome, many many pumps but so very many blessings.

Anonymous said...

God himself said their will be pain in childbirth. It's a pain for husband and wife during the process. Rob can take it. You and He will both have to learn to have more grace with each other during this time. It's all in God's great and beautiful plan. He truly works ALL things for our good. During pregnancy, we not only are birthing our babies but God is birthing parents in us as well. During this time we lean on the Lord in ways we never did before and learn during this time how to rely on God's strength, Grace, Mercy, and His Word in a whole new way in dealing with ourselves and our spouses. He is a rewarded to those who diligently seek Him. Seek His face and hand during this time so He can smile on you and guide you to even greater measures of Faith so you can carry those into your parenting as well as into your new marriage you are birthing. You are now parents married, not just singles married. It's a whole new ballgame. :o) Love you and be Blessed!!- Love Mish

Anonymous said...

It has been proven that babies feel what you feel. So if anything else.....if you want a irritable baby then continue.....if you want a happy baby then roll it off your shoulders. Really pick your battles. Don't sweat the little things. If you are upset...pray first. Let the baby hear you pray to God. Put some worship music on and let the spirit calm your emotions and then lead you to talk with Robert if needed...IT works.

In short let me say this.....

God will never direct you in a path that his grace will not cover!

Stephanie Lainez said...

Thanks so much for all your input! I love it all! Your encouragement means the world to me!

Post a Comment