Monday, June 8, 2009

Mid-Wife vs. ObGyn

Been thinking about the difference between hiring a mid-wife and an ObGyn. Being that we have no medical insurance the mid-wife route seems like the ticket. Though my concern is that if we need any special care on that day then we'd end up having to go to the hospital anyway. And if that scenario occurs then we get stuck paying for both the mid-wife, the ObGyn and the hospital! GOODNESS! That can be STUPID EXPENSIVE!!

We already met with a mid-wife that's super close to us and is located across the street from a local hospital. And we also met and have been seen by an ObGyn. Unfortunately the ObGyn was given to us by Medi-Cal (which we don't even have yet) and the office is in the hood! The location isn't my concern its the distance from my home that concerns me. It's far. I really like the Doctor and her staff is wonderful, its her patience that are GHETTO! Someone is ALWAYS on their cell phone talking about their babies daddy and cussing them out. Babies are crying and full of mocos (Latin slang for buggers)!! It's pretty entertaining I must say!

We would really like to hire the mid-wife and have a water birth. I've done some research and I think I like that way the best. Most mothers laugh at me when I say that. I guess it's because there's no drugs involved. Well that my point. I'd like to have a baby the way my mom did and my grandmother did. I want to birth. Designer births aren't my thing though i have friend who have had them and love them. And that's perfectly fine for them. Now I'm not saying that I'm against a C-Section, I'd just prefer natural if I can. But if the tides change and the Dr. needs to go C-Section then I'm fine with that. I just want to give birthing an honest shot.

2 comments:

jai said...

you should talk to my friend angela. she's having a home water birth for her second child, due in august. no intervention. she's on facebook, if you would like her info. i would recommend getting a doula!

Anonymous said...

I vote for the water birth with a midwife. You are awesome! A natural (no drugs) birth is 1000x better than using drugs. I should know since I've experienced both.

Post a Comment